Great White Shark Tour - Gift Voucher
Treat your friends with an unforgetable gift - jut click on the "Buy as Gift" option on our booking form.
Provide them with the perfect opportunity to get up close and personal with the Great Whites – no diving certificate is needed to venture into the cage and it is only a short transfer from Cape Town. For the not so adventurous, incredible sightings of the sharks can be viewed from the comfort of the boat. They do not need any diving qualification to do the cage diving.
After your purchase, we will email you a gift voucher that you can print out and present to your friend. You can add a beginning and an end date in the booking form. We will then issue the gift voucher to be valid in the period that you listed and your friend can then choose the date they want to dive.)
Small Groups Only
We limit the numbers on the trip to only 20 people regardless of diving or just surface viewing. This offers maximum cage diving time to our clients.
UnrealDive has been in operation for over 12 years with a 100% safety record.
We offer you a sightings guarantee! We guarantee you will see great white sharks, if not then we will offer you a free trip.
The day at sea:
After breakfast you will depart from Kleinbaai Harbour for a 20 minute boat ride to nearby “Shark Alley” where you find two islands situated next to each other. The motorised catamaran is built especially for shark viewing and cage diving. Once anchored in the channel, we make use of a specially designed, secure, six man steel cage, which floats on the surface, with our divers no more than 1m below the surface.
You do not require any diving certification to do the cage dive. Diving takes place on a rotational basis and on good diving days, it is possible for each diver to take more than one dive. The duration of each dive depends on the diver and the activity of the sharks, but could be up to half an hour per dive.
White sharks are surface feeders, providing brilliant surface viewing for our waiting divers or our non-divers from the comfort of the shark-viewing deck of the boat, where exhilarating photographs and video footage may be captured, at close range.
The Boat has:
- SAMSA (South African Marine Safety Association) - Surveyed annually
- MCM permit to operate as an Shark Cage Diving Operation
- Qualified skipper, dive master and Level ll medic on board
- All diving equipment required for cage dive, including wet suits. We provide constant air from boat into the cage.
- We take a maximum of 20 clients per trip, offering you maximum cage diving time.
- Breakfast which includes coffee and tea, toast/bread, cereal, eggs, yoghurt, fruit, muffins and juice
- Snacks on the boat include water, juice and potato chips
- Light lunch
A videographer will join you on your cage diving trip for the day and film all the action that takes place. After which you can view the DVD and decide if you would like to purchase it.
- Full day of cage diving and surface viewing
- Personal tour guide for the day
- Breakfast, snacks, lunch, coffee/tea, cold drinks
- All diving equipment, including wetsuits
- Contant air supply from the boat into the cage.
Limited Special Pricing:
- Special price of only ZAR 1290pp (self drive) - a full R 400pp off our normal price
- We provide return transfers (pick up and drop off) from any address in the Cape Town area at a rate of ZAR 400pp.
- This rate is valid for our 1 Day Trip that takes place in Gansbaai. This is only a short transfer from Cape Town. We run trips daily. Book today to avoid dissapointment.
Comments from Past Clients
The Great White Shark Cage Diving season at Shark Alley can be divided into three periods:
- High season : April to October.
- Intermediate : November to March **
**Even in the Intermediate Season we see Great White Sharks on a daily basis at Shark Alley** We are so confident that you will see Great White Sharks on your trip, that we will offer you a voucher for a free trip in the very unlikely situation that youdo not see any Great White Sharks.
Water and weather conditions:
- During the high season the water temperature will be about 15C or 59F.
- Visibility is usually 6 - 8 metres, but it can go up to 12 - 15 metres on a good day and down to 2 - 3 metres on a bad day. The visibility is better during the high season.
What you need to bring with you for the day:
- Waterproof jacket, warm clothes, hat
- Sun block
- Swimming costume for underneath wetsuits (if diving)
- Underwater cameras (disposable) are recommended, and are available at the harbour curio shop or at most camera stockists.