Shark Alley Express
If you’ve ever dreamed of getting up close and personal with a Great White Shark, then it’s time to book that trip to Cape Town, South Africa and make it happen. With no diving certification required and a perfect safety record for over 16 years (60,000 clients and couting), this cage dive will satisfy both the adrenaline junkie and the nature enthusiast. Just a short 2 hour drive from Cape Town, the dive takes place near the fishing town of Gansbaai, making it the perfect one-day activity to add to your South African experience.
SHARK WEEK SPECIAL OFFER
Current Online Promotion: Starting from ZAR 1290 pp (U$ 86)
(Normal Rate: ZAR 1,650pp)
Valid for confirmed bookings on or before 22 February 2017, the actual trip can be at a later date. Take advantage of SharkQuests' limited Promotional Offer (website only) of more than 25% off of our normal listed price. SharkQuests has a shuttle bus available for pick up and drop off from your address in the Cape Town area to Gansbaai where we do the great white shark tour. If you choose to book this, please note that there will be an additional cost of ZAR 400 (USD 28 / EUR 24) per person.
- No diving certification or previous experience required.
- We offer the option of air supply into cage for qualified divers during the winter season.
- Groups are limited to no more than 18 so that we can maximize your diving time.
- A safety record spanning more than 15 years.
- The option to be picked up and dropped off from any address in the Cape Town area.
- Find a better price? We promise to match any written offer that you bring to us before booking.
- Most importantly, we are so confident that you will see Great Whites that should there be no sightings, we will give you a voucher to come back and try again, free of charge.
- Weather permitting, we go out every day with the exception of January 1st and December 25th.
- The dive happens in Gansbaai, a small fishing town 2 hours drive from Cape Town. For those wishing to get a little more shuteye or just enjoy the scenery, we recommend adding the transport option from Cape Town. For the small additional fee of ZAR 400 per person, our shuttle bus will pick you up from your Cape Town based accommodation and return you after your trip, freeing you to enjoy the drive.
- We are proud of our perfect safety record which currently spans more than 16 years.
- SAMSA (the South African Marine Safety Association) surveys the boat annually.
- The boat are in possession of a permit issued by the Department of Environmental Affairs and Tourism which allows us to legally operate as a Shark Cage Diving Operation.
- We guarantee that every dive will have a Qualified Skipper, Dive Master and Level II Medic on board.
Q: What happens if we do not see Great White Sharks?
A: Although highly unlikely, there is always the chance that we may have a day with zero sightings. If this should happen, you will issue you with a voucher for a free trip to be used at your convenience.
Q: What is the cost for Surface Viewing / Do you offer a discount if we don’t dive?
A: As we only take a limited number of people on the boat, the cost for surface viewing and diving is exactly the same. That said, the Great White Shark is a surface feeder and as a result all the activity takes place on the surface, allowing great viewing from both the cage and the boat.
Q: Is it a breath hold dive with snorkel?
A: Yes, you can do a breath hold dive if that is what you are comfortable with. If you are a qalified diver we can supply air during the winter season. Please request this on booking.
Current Online Booking Special: ZAR 1,290 (USD 86) - Normal Rate for Self Drive is ZAR 1,650pp
The following extras are included in the price:
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks on board the boat.
- All diving equipment, including wetsuits, masks. Air supply from the boat into the cage during is available in our winter season for qualified divers. Please request on booking.
- Please note that we do also offer transport to and from the venue. Should you wish to make use of our shuttle bus it will be an additional ZAR 400 (USD 27 / EUR 24) per person. You will be picked up from your Cape Town based accommodation early in the morning and returned there once the trip is completed.
LIMITED SPECIAL OFFER
Thanks to our special offer, there’s no better time to head down to Cape Town, South Africa and experience the amazing Great White Shark than right now. Taking place at close to the infamous Shark Alley. This area only 20 - 30 minutes by boat from Kleinbaai Harbour was made famous by the numerous documentaries featured on Discovery Channel during Shark Week This incredible adventure would normally cost ZAR 1,650 per person, however if you book now you can take advantage of a massive savings in excess of 25% off of our regular price. For a limited time, we are offering you our Great White Shark Cage Diving Expedition starting from only ZAR 1,290 per person (U$86).
So let’s sum that up:
- Discounted price of starting from ZAR 1290 pp (Self Drive) for our One Day Great White Shark Diving Expedition which takes place in Gansbaai, a savings in excess of 25%!
- The option to add on transport to and from the dive from any Cape Town based accommodation at a rate of ZAR 400 per person. Round Trip Transfers are from your address in Cape Town. Pick up can be from any address in the Cape Town City Centre area as well as surrounding areas including the following: Cape Town City, Observatory, Newlands, Claremont, Rondebosch, Camps Bay, Sea Point, Green Point, Milnerton and Century City. Outside this area please ask us or you can meet us at a pick up location closest to you. For clients staying in Stellenbosch, Strand or Gordon's Bay we do offer a pick up at the Lord Charles Hotel in Somerset West.
- The price is valid for confirmed bookings by 22 February 2017. The actual trip can be at a later date.
SMALL GROUPS ONLY
Who wants to spend their day on a crowded boat? Not you, we’re pretty sure about that. Fortunately, the solution is easy. Limit the number of clients on each trip to 18 people and everyone has enough time in the cage, to view from the deck or to simply breathe it all in whilst our qualified staff attend to your needs.
We at SharkQuests place safety at the top of our priority list. Sure, we want to offer you an amazing experience, but your wellbeing is just as important to us. For this reason we not only comply with every regulation set out by our industry, but also personally carry out maintenance and safety checks on a bi-weekly basis. Guess that explains why we’ve made it more than 16 years with a 100% safety record!
Okay, so we’d love to be able to guarantee that you will definitely have sightings on your day out but the thing with nature is that, well, it has a will of its own…. Now, what we can tell you is that we only have a handful of trips every year with no activity and that does make us pretty confident that you are going to have an amazing experience. So confident, in fact, that should you fail to see any Great Whites, we will offer a voucher for a free trip, inclusive of transport.
THE DAY AT SEA
THE DAY OF YOUR DIVE SHOULD LOOK SOMETHING LIKE THIS …..
Should you be using our transport, you will be fetched from your Cape Town hotel soon after 5am (the exact time will be confirmed the day prior to your dive). You will be driven through to Gansbaai where you will meet for breakfast at 7:30 am after which you will head out to sea. (We often manage to offer a later trip that runs in the afternoon. If this is something you would prefer please let us know and we will do our best to make it happen. This trip, should you choose it, usually leaves Cape Town at around 9am, arriving in Gansbaai at 11:30am. The boat departs from Kleinbaai Harbour and it is a 20 minute ride to “Shark Alley”, so named as there are two islands situated next to each other which promise great shark activity. The boat, a motorised catamaran, was designed specifically for shark viewing and cage diving. Once anchored in the channel, you will be able to view sharks from a very secure six man steel cage which floats on the surface, allowing our divers to go 1 meter (3.3 feet) below the surface. Please note that no diving certification is required for this dive, making it a fantastic option for families and groups with varied interests.
The dive itself will take place on a rotational basis, the duration of each dive lasting anywhere up to a half hour but obviously depending on the diver and the activity on the day. Once everyone has had a turn, you will be free to dive again should you wish. The great thing with white sharks, however, is that they are surface feeders and as such provide brilliant viewing from the comfort of the shark-viewing dock of the boat. In fact, those wishing to capture footage or photograph this amazing creature, often opt to forego the dive in favour of the deck.
The boat should return to the harbour by 12pm (4pm if you are on the later trip) at which point you will be able to view the video taken by the videographer who joined you on you cage dive for the day. At this time our transport will need to return to Cape Town and, if you have chosen to use it, will have you back at your accommodation around 2:30pm (6:30pm if you are on the later trip).
- Breakfast is offered before the trip and includes toast, cereal, eggs, yoghurt, fruit, muffins, juice and tea or coffee.
- During your trip we offer juice, bottled water and potato chips for you to snack on.
- A light lunch will await you on your return to the harbour.
SO WHAT MAKES US SO GREAT……
- Well, as we already mentioned, you need no diving qualification to do the dive with us. So this makes us a great option for young, young at heart, and everyone in between!
- Although most choose not to use it, we do offer air from the boat into the cage during our winter season for qualified divers. Please request on booking.
- We only take a maximum of 18 clients per trip compared to a whopping 40 on other boats. Considering that only 6 people can view in the cage at a time, this number matters.
- In the extremely rare situation that we have a zero sighting day (this happens only 3-5 times a year), we will give you a voucher for a free trip. We really do want you to view these amazing creatures so please take us up on this!
- We have a great team and, thanks to this, can boast more than 16 years of incident free cage diving.
ABOUT THAT BOAT…..
- The boat is surveyed annually by SAMSA (South African Marine Safety Association).
- We have an MCM permit to operate as a Shark Cage Diving Operation.
- There is a qualified skipper, dive master and level II medic on board.
- All the necessary diving equipment required for the dive is available for your use at no additional cost.
- Towels and hot showers are available for after the dive.